Jobs & Vacancies
The Birmingham Shadhiliya Trust is a charity whose fundamental objects are to advance the Islamic religion for the benefit of the public in accordance with the Sunni schools of law and the Sunni schools of tenets of belief with particular focus upon the orthodox Sunni Muslim discipline of Islamic spirituality i.e. Sufism.
A national conference is being held over Friday 19th, 2018 October to Sunday 21st October, 2018 in Birmingham, during which Sheikh Nuh will teach traditional sufi works, meet disciples, and answer questions. During the conference, mystical odes will be sung and the Birmingham Shadhiliya Trust requires two munshids (sufi singers) to sing mystical odes of the Hashami Darqawi branch of the Shadhili sufi order at the religious gatherings taking place during the conference.
Voluntary religious workers
1. Job title: Munshid (sufi singer)
2. Main duties and responsibilities:
- Sing mystical odes of the Hashami Darqawi branch of the Shadhili sufi order at the religious gatherings during the national conference over the period Friday 19 October to Sunday 21 October, 2018
- The singing will take place before and after lessons and talks at the conference;
- The singers will be required to sing the odes while the conference attendees take part in the Hadra ceremony;
- The singers will be required to provide attendees with amateur singing lessons in respect of the mystical odes.
3. Location of the job: Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham.
4. Terms on offer: Voluntary work for charity
The following remuneration will be provided:
- Accommodation/accommodation expenses covered;
- Food/food expenses covered;
- Transport needs will be met/travel expenses covered.
5. Skills and experience needed:
- Fluency in classical Arabic;
- Extensive knowledge of the odes of the Hashami Darqawi branch of the Shadhili sufi order;
- Extensive knowledge of the tunes that the odes are sung to;
- The singers must be members of the Hashami Darqawi branch of the Shadhili sufi order.
Closing date for applications: 10.08.18
Apply by way of CV and covering letter to email@example.com